I got a cast iron stovetop griddle I'd been lusting over for months and have barely used it. I need an EXCELLENT vegan pancake recipe that:
- does not involve whole wheat flour
- makes lighter, airier pancakes and not thick dense ones
Ideally this would be a good base recipe that I can tinker with by adding a little fruit.
BTW, to whoever posted the velveeta-like Mac and Cheese recipe in my last recipe thread, I've adapted the recipe a bit:
Vegan Kraft Dinner
This is a surprisingly accurate substitute for Kraft Mac and Cheese, aka Kraft Dinner. And yet it's totally vegan. It's even got that artificial orange color. One note: you cannot let it get below a certain temperature or it congeals with a weird texture -- plan to keep the pot warm.
- 3.5 cups dry macaroni, cooked and rinsed
- 6 Tbsp Earth Balance margarine14-16oz silken (soft) tofu -- 1 brick Mori-nu works, or other better kind
- 1 brick Follow Your Heart "cheddar" cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp water
This reheats well on the stove -- add a little water or unsweetened soy milk and reheat slowly, stirring often, over medium-low heat. I would not suggest putting it in the microwave.